PIN-SME acts as a champion, co-ordinator and facilitator to projects that address the needs and challenges of European ICT small and medium sized businesses.
PIN-SME provides a voice for ICT SMEs in the policy and regulatory arenas and is already represented in several EU expert groups and taskforces.
The members of PIN-SME are national associations of ICT small and medium sized businesses that represent several thousands SMEs across Europe.
The ambition of PIN-SME is be the voice of ICT SMEs in Europe. Its objective is to bring ICT SMEs’ interests to the centre of the European political agenda.
- The e-Competence Framework is coming of age 30. April 2015
- First European Conference on Digital and Key Enabling Technologies Skills, 1 – 2 June 2015, Brussels 17. April 2015
- PIN-SME supports EC antitrust objection against Google on comparison-shopping service 15. April 2015
- Cloud Computing TCO Calculation for SMEs 27. February 2015
- Green energy for fixed and mobile networks: ETSI ATTM AT2 25. February 2015
Statements of our Members
As the only UK association which is focused exclusively on the SME part of the IT sector, UKITA is well aware that it is very difficult for most smaller businesses to engage with Europe. Through our membership of PIN SME, we are kept up to date with EU developments, projects and standards and we can then alert our members whenever we see something that is genuinely going to be useful to them. Having access to a full-time presence in the heart of Brussels is essential in making this possible.
Denmark is a small country – the 500 member companies of IT-Forum need to be connected to a wider European market. It is nearly impossible to make any connections to EU - being a IT-SME company in Denmark, therefore it is very important that we represent our members in the EU. PIN-SME connects us easily to the right bodies and institutions in the EU in order to raise the voice for a rapidly growing number of IT-SME’s in Europe – a voice which would not be heard without PIN-SME.